Friday, 15 August 2014

Priory Square

You all heard the news, so now I think I should tell you a little bit about the collection for Art Gallery Fabrics Limited Edition, now I have some time to sit down and actually take it all in!



So, what is it all about this fabric collection of mine?

Let me talk you through each print....

The main focus print, the star of the show, is Sunday Clippings. This is a large scale floral collage print designed to resemble a scrapbook page with big blooms cut out from catalogues and botanical books. This one will be printed on both quilting weight cotton and voile. I am ridiculously excited about this print and the possibilities. I am definitely making a big quilt with a piece of this, full width, in the centre, bordered by the other prints. That will be my first quilt market booth quilt, when I get the yardage.


Next up is The Shambles. This is a reworked image of cobblestones, and is named after the little street in York (if you've been to York then you'll know where I mean!) It's a fantastic print (ha - says she!) that can be used as a dot, a textured blender, or binding. At least, that was my planning for it. I also think it looks a little bit leopard print-like, which was an awesome accident when playing with the re-colouring of the original image


Then there's Cottagely Posy, which is a delicate floral on an emerald green background. It's the local park that I spent all my time in when I was small, which was just across from my Grandparents' house and was full of grass dotted with wild flowers. Again, this was a collage but it's a more subtle rendition than Sunday Clippings. I really wanted this as voile as well, but I could only choose one print for the voile and Sunday Clippings was the obvious choice. This will definitely be made into pillowcases for my bed, using The Shambles as a faux piping trim. This print will be a knit as well as a quilting cotton. I'm thinking some leggings are a must!


Pouring Rainbows is my textured blender in a more traditional sense. This print represents the rain we get all the time in England, which is the reason everything is so green and lush. Rain makes me miserable but it makes the flowers grow, so I'm ok with it really!


Thru The Wire and Pouring Rainbows started as the same image, a wire fence, but Pouring Rainbows was played around with and manipulated to make it look like rain, whereas Thru The Wire retains it's original look. This print represents the chickens we had as children that lived at my Grandparents'. My brother hatched them from eggs at school and we took them home. Two got eaten pretty early on (by the fox not us!!!) but one lived to a grand old age (before the fox eventually got her too).


Clover Field is exactly that - a field full of clovers, little fat pompom flowers that attract the bees. I played around with it a bit, made it look less like clovers and more stylised just to give it a more modern edge, and to make it great for fussy cutting! (This will also be a knit as well as a quilting cotton).


Steeping Awakening is a simple line drawn rose print...in metallic gold!!!!! Yay for glitter!!!!! There had to be some metallic in here somewhere, didn't there? I absolutely love this print, it's perfect as a low volume background, for borders, you could play around with the prints and actually fill some of the roses in with embroidery. I'm excited to see what people do with this one because I think there are a lot of possibilities.



And then we have You Are Here. I think this will be the most popular print, because even if you are a non-floral person you'll be able to use this so much. Who doesn't like a map print? I hunted around for vintage maps of the area I live in, and eventually found this one which isn't strictly where I live, but it is the area where i first lived when I moved up to Yorkshire and went to College. Plus, it's quite a rural area and flat so flat areas look pretty as maps because there's less lines to show the gradient of the land. It also shows all the very tiny villages that existed back in the olden days, a lot of which I think have merged together or disappeared from modern day maps. Of all the prints, this is my second favourite, after Sunday Clippings. I just love it.


And there we have it. Priory Square will be available from October, it will be shown at Quilt market in Houston (I have a booth, stop on by and see me!) and you can pre-order it now from Pink Castle Fabrics. We're currently working on a little gift you'll get if you order from there that will exclusive to Brenda's store, more on that soon. 

I hope you love it, I hope you buy it and use it in all the things!!!!!!!

You can find out more about me at the AGF blog and see a little video (where I look half asleep - because I kind of am) here. 

This is kind of amazing....

My fabric on sale for pre-order in my friend's store and one of my absolute favourite stores. There have been a lot of happy tears recently!




46 comments:

Swedish Scrapper said...

Yay Katy! Not only do I love the large floral prints, esp with those clippy birdies, I love the range of scale, and I adore the happy green you managed! Thanks for including a geometric (the fence) a dot that also double as leopard print, and a text/map print too. You managed to really balance out the line and I can't wait to play :DAlso looking forward to seeing your special makes with it!

Katy Cameron said...

Absolutely love it, especially the glittery addition. I think that map print is my favourite, but I do love that there's a good yellow and a nice green in there

Bobbi D. said...

Love, love, love it. So adorable!!!!!!

Kelly said...

I'm crying happy tears for you too. So so so happy for you. I love Through the Wire.

Charlotte said...

wahoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Wens said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful collection! I love the feel of AGF fabrics so I'm really looking forward to getting some asap! Clover field is my favourite! Amazing work :)

Poppyprint said...

So nice to read your stories! I'll definitely be stocking up on the map print. I heart old maps and realistic prints are scarce. Well done you!!!

Deborah said...

Oh, Katy, I'm so, so, so excited for you!! The collection is a dream, seriously, so good and such great colors, and that clippings print!! Aaaaah!!! Can't wait to see it in person in Houston--amazing!!

sally johnson said...

Katy the stuff I could create with this fabric OOOOH LALALALA!!!!!!!!

Mary Miller said...

You knocked it out of the park, rookie! Congratulations! I cannot wait to get this range I to my "Stash of Honor!"

Hayley Grzych said...

All so gorgeous, KJ. And I love it even more with all the story bits! I had no idea the roses were metallic and now I might die (or maybe the fox can just come get me too). xoxoxo

dolores said...

Wow...where have I been that I didn't know you were going to have a fabric line? I sure hope my boss buys it....especially love the map and clover! Yes...every girl needs some glitter! Congrats girlie!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Huge congratulations again Katy!! I love reading about each print and what they mean to you. The Shambles are part of my childhood too :)

Fran said...

Looks great! Many happy moments pottering about along the Shambles, what a great idea for a print.

CindyM. said...

It is so fabulous to connect deeper with a friend and your amazing line of fabric. I cannot wait to get my hands on the voile as I am obsessed and the endless possibilities with your knits and cottons. Keep it coming Katy!

Jennifer said...

Just love them all! Congratulations!

Audrie said...

Cannot. Wait.

:)

Flying Blind... said...

Oh you are good!!
I really really really need a new voile scarf for the winter, know what I am putting on my list of wanties :)

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love them all! You clever thing, you!

lalaluu said...

I really like Pouring Rainbows. What a great name, too! I really enjoyed getting some insight into the creation of each fabric. Sometimes I wonder what folks are thinking when they create something, and now I know! :)

Catherine said...

Fabulous collection Katy, and it's great to read the story behind each one. Well done x

Amy Friend said...

Fabulous job Katy. I love the roses, the map and the delicate floral print especially. Way to go!

Kate said...

They are fantastic Katy, great prints and great colours!

Sharon said...

All are so pretty on their own and together, great work! Can't wait to see in person

quiltswithpersonality said...

Congratulations Katy! I am looking forward to using your fabulous fabric. I love it all and it is so nice to understand the story behind the design! Thank you Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Kay said...

Gorgeous fabric, not sure which is my favourite yet between the Clover Field and Cottagey Posy. x

Anita said...

I love them all, don't know which one would be my favorite. I'll definitely have to order a bundle :)

cat and vee xoxo said...

Oooooh I just clicked through and pre-ordered two half-yard bundles, so a whole yard of each! Gorgeous Katy, I love it, congratulations! My absolute favourites are Sunday Clippings and the map print, but I also really love the chicken wire, the Shambles, the rain - really all of it. Awesome job, you must be absolutely thrilled and it will be amazing for you to sew with it! I did a Nested Churn Dash class with gorgeous Jane Davidson today, and we had a little chat about your fabulous new designs! Have a great weekend. Cat x

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

I really like how you designed with the quilter in mind. The pebbles are indeed perfect for binding! As an historian I do love the old map print and the Posy is lovely too as I love that particular green colour :) Congratulations with your first line of fabric!!!

Michelle said...

Dude, you had me at maps and chain link fences!! So excited for you. This is HUGE!!! And gorgeous!!!

Mary said...

This is truly a fabulous collection, Katy. There is so much depth....layers and layers of loveliness! Not flat at all...which is perfect! I agree, the rose print will make a fabulous background fabric. I will see you at Quilt Market! Can't wait to follow all your prep work for market! Congrats, Katy!

sewfunbymonique said...

Really love this line! I love how they are all really different style prints, not matchy~matchy! xo Congrats!!

Elisabeth said...

I just love your fabric collection and have ordered a half yard bundle which I'm hoping will arrive around my birthday :-) I'm not sure which print is my favourite but I do love Clover Field and can see it working so well in an EPP project.

Karen Gamble said...

I adore this fabric collection in its English, mismatched way! I also cant wait to stock it.
And an oversized quilt will be in the making I think!! as a snunggle TV quilt! K!

Danielle said...

Really love them all Katy! We'll be ordering them in at Polka Dot Tea too. :)

leanne said...

woohoo - all of these fabrics are so fantastic - especially love The Shambles and Clover Field - off to place my pre-order !

pandchintz said...

Can't wait to get my hands on some of these Katy! Congratulations!!

Anita said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I love your line. I will absolutely be buying it and can't wait to see your quilt market quilts.

Debbie said...

Ordered!!! Marking my calendar!

Debbie said...

What a terrific line and great to hear all about it! Looking forward to sewing with it!

pennydog said...

Such a pretty collection! I like these Ltd Ed ones because the bundles aren't huge which make them affordable to have the whole set :)

Sonia said...

A gorgeous collection Katy, so useable and love the gold sparkles :) x

Elizabeth Prine said...

Love them all! I cannot wait to meet you in Houston!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

A huge congratumalations Katy, your new fabric is sooooo beautiful, I can't wait to get me some!! Thank you for the background info on your inspiration, that is really interesting and gives the fabric even more meaning. I too love your Sunday clippings. Need yards of that at the very least! xo

StacyOK said...

Oh my gosh-I love your new fabric! Sunday Clippings is my favorite too! I'll be at Quilt Fest in Houston, so am definitely stopping by and saying hi and getting some fabric!

mypiecedlife.com said...

Love the Sunday clippings and rose fabrics! They are amazing! I already have a couple ideas floating around in my head about what I can make. What amazing creations, Katy!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive