Monday, 17 February 2014

elephant in my handbag

I'm really pleased to be able to introduce you to the newest sponsor on the blog - who you'll be getting to know and seeing more of as the weeks go by with every weekly what's new post.

I happened to bump into Stephanie yesterday at the Stitches show in Birmingham, which was a lovely surprise (we were both oohing over the same fabrics which has to be an excellent omen for the shop being a perfect fit here!)



I'll let Stephanie introduce herself, because she'll do a much better job than me....


Elephant in my Handbag is an online family run craft and fabric business based near Tunbridge Wells in Kent.  Our mission is to find interesting, fun and funky things for our customers to use to create unique projects.  It is owned by Me, Stephanie Brushfield, and was set up in September 2011 with a few reels of ribbon being sold on Ebay and has grown rapidly from there. 



We love everything fabric and get very excited when we find something new to share with our customers!  We stock a wide range of fabrics for craft and sewing projects including Tilda, Riley Blake, Michael Miller and Robert Kaufman. We also stock a range of trimmings, ribbons, sewing boxes, ribbons and craft kits. We love meeting our customers and are happy for people to visit "by appointment" Just call us on 01892 528071

The name (Once heard never forgotten)!  When the children can't think of a word we fill in the gap with "What....elephant?" and rather bizarrely that's where the name came from !  Also, I LOVE handbags.



I also run another business, Appleducks with a friend Jo Roberts (who also runs marketing and PR for Elephant in my Handbag).  That business runs Handmade and Local Craft Fairs in Kent and Sussex - we have 3 coming up in March, April and May - they are all high quality, hand-picked and invitation only makers. 



Quite a few of them use Elephant in my Handbag fabrics for their makes.  We have teamed up with Mollie Makes and will be giving away free copies of their magazine at our event Handmade with Love at Drill Hall on 26th April in Horsham (very excited about that!).



We are happy to offer a 10% discount to ALL your readers - Use the code MONKEY.


So head on over to Elephant in my handbag and get yourselves shopping! Also, follow on facebook and twitter for up to the minute news and what's coming into the shop soon, as well as giveaways and competitions. I'm really pleased Stephanie and her elephants are going to be part of my blog, there's such a great selection of fabric and treats in the shop I know I won't be stuck for inspiration when it comes to doing my weekly round ups (which some of you might call weekly enabling posts....)

Thanks Stephanie, and welcome to the Monkey family!!!!

3 comments:

Flying Blind... said...

Oooh locals!

prasasanto bhadury said...

Nice Blog,Nice Information sharing By this Blogger.

People Handbags Online

http://www.trendin.com/people/womens-accessories-29

barb said...

I've shopped in Stephanies ebay store. She's great! Glad to see she has her own site now!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!